Free training is available for volunteers at all levels.
Some training is mandatory, but it doesn’t take long and you may be able to use your previous training as proof (e.g. First Aid).
Other training depends on what role you take. The information below shows you what could be available.
- GDPR training – this is online e-training and takes about 10 minutes in front of a computer. This can be completed here.
- First Aid. Either ½ day course run by County or, if you have done it at work or another area, let us know. Please contact Rob (DC) for more information.
- This safeguarding training is designed to help you stay up-to-date on safeguarding practice and your responsibilities as a member of Scouts. – This can be done online here
- Safety Training – This is an online e-module training that can be completed here
Role based training
- Getting Started. A one day course run by us for all Leaders, Assistant Leaders and Sectional Assistants. If you are helper, you don’t need to do it, but it is fun and you meet loads of new people and learn fantastic skills.
- Wood Badge. 2 weekends spread over about 6 months for all section leaders and assistant leaders. The ultimate course for learning everything about Scouting. It really is fun.